Thursday, June 12, 2008

Our First Blog!!!

Ok, I am finally surrendering to the world of blogging.  I have been blog stalking all of you for a while now, so it's time to start my own.  No promises that I'll be very good at keeping it updated, but we'll see how it goes.  Thanks to my sister-in-law Kami, I am starting to get this figured out.
We've had a busy month, so here are a few of the highlights.  The most exciting thing was my dad coming home from Iraq!  He has been over there since November and we are so glad to have him back home.

Hayden, Mallory, Jackson, and Carter getting ready to welcome 
Grandpa Craig home at the airport.


Then we had Jackson's pre-school graduation.  He did a great job as the troll in Three Billy Goats Gruff!  I can't believe he will be going to Kindergarten next year.  I will be that mom crying on the corner as he gets on the school bus.  He's really excited and keeps asking when it's going to start.

Then we made a trip to the cabin in Island Park with all of the cousins.  The weather didn't cooperate with our plans, but we did get out for a short walk to the river in between snow storms!  Can you believe snow in June?  It was fun just to see everyone and the kids can't get enough of each other.  Kyle and my dad did get in a little fishing but the fish weren't too interested.  

Mallory, Jackson, Hayden, Carter, and Cooper


Natalie and Raegan


All of the cousins with my mom and Kelli.  Natalie and I were the photographers.

A Favorite Mother's Day picture.  Kyle was the photographer.  
I'll get a picture of him on here one of these days if he'll let me.

And in the middle of all of that, Kyle had his 31st birthday and we had our 9th wedding anniversary!  I can't believe how fast time flies.  I still have a couple of months left of being in my 20's, so I'm trying to rub that in Kyle's face as much as I can!

12 comments:

Brandon and Lori said...

I'm the first one to leave a comment! How exciting! Congrats in joining the blogging world, it's about time. Cute kids, I can't believe how big they are.

The Blackburn Family said...

Hey Meg,
Your blog turned out way cute! I'm glad you have joined us in the blogging world. I love all the cute pictures you put on. I am so glad I get to see updated pictures of the family. I miss you guys all so much.

Jenn Lowe said...

Love your new blog. You guys are an adorable family. Congrats on all the great changes/news in your family. Hope to see you soon!

Jenn

Hammy said...

I love it! I'm so glad I get to check out your cute family and the fun happenings. Love the pictures.

Palmer family said...

Megan,
I am so glad you emailed me your blog. Do you have mine as well? If not, email me and I will let you know what it is! You are still as skinny and cute as ever! We miss you guys!! How is good 'ol Lehi? Your kids are adorable. Too bad we are not still neighbors...Jaren, Mason & Eliza would have a blast with your 3! Similar ages and order and everything! SO fun! Keep us updated on you guys!!! Lindsay

The Huffies said...

hi megan, I linked to your blog from Jenn's...what a cute family you have! We just started a blog too, www.thehuffies.blogspot.com, let's keep in touch! Carol Huff

Chelsee said...

Hey Megan,
I found your blog through Carrie's blog. Your children are beautiful!!! I don't have a blog, but if I start one, I'll let you know. Looks like you guys are doing great. Glad I could get a peek at the Wight's!

Brandon and Lori said...

Hello girlfriend, did you die? You have got to be a little faster at updating your blog, I'm going to stop looking to see if you have! Let's get together soon, summer is putting me in the grave.

Hammy said...

I'm going to have to agree with Lori. Part of blogging means updating it! Hopefully something fun has been keeping you busy.

Brad said...

Nice blog Wightsters. Your family is growing fast. We'll hopefully see you one of these days.

Jessica Thomas said...

Hey you guys! We found you. I hope you keep this updated. We would love to be able to keep in touch better. It was so fun seeing you guys up in Island Park. Crazy that we ran into each other that way. Cutest blog . .. love you guys!
The Thomas'
party-offive.blogspot.com

Palmer family said...

Where's your blog updates??? I am waiting......
Your tulips on your blog are gorgeous! I love tulips and have planted them all over my house (outside of course) for that reason but I love that yours are all red! You are STILL skinny minny and super cute! I am jealous. Hope we can "hook up" sometime soon to visit! Linds